ECU Remapping: Why and How It Improves Performance of The Car
In today’s era, chip constitutes an important mechanism of your car and plays an interesting role in remapping the engine control unit (ECU) of your car. Mechanically, the main objective of ECU is to make smooth flow of air and fuel throughout your vehicle, generate high pressure and improve its performance in form of acceleration and fuel efficiency. Remapping the engine control unit completely changes the functioning of engine and facilitates you to determine its working according to your requirements.
Now the question might arise in your mind that why a person will need to remap the Engine Control Unit of his car, if he is enjoying its flawless drive without any issue. Well, an answer to this question can be to enjoy the hidden powers of his car. Being a layman, you must be unaware about the functioning of ECU, so it may be defined as heart of the engine installed in your car whose main function is to control the working different components while driving. The settings of these components are determined according to mechanism of the car so that it offers smooth performance to its driver.
This setting is basically determined according to climatic and driving conditions prevailing in different countries across the world. As most of the car lovers are normal drivers they do not pay much attention towards all these aspects while buying their favorite car, because their main requirements from their car are fuel efficiency and integration of contemporary features and safety features.
Whereas, on the other side there are car enthusiasts for whom a car means a device which they are entitled to use according to their wishes by using its all potentials. But, as those potentials are not configured in the car which they drive in their continent they are not able to enjoy its drive according to their wish. With remapping the ECU, today be redefining the settings of different components with help of a small chip they can get rid of this problem.
During the remapping the new chip or software is configured in the serial port of the car for rewriting the setting of engine with new code that are mentioned in the software. The process of remapping is almost the same for both petrol and diesel variants.
Benefits of ECU Remapping:
- Increase in Power and Performance: The remapping of ECU results an improvement power and fuel efficiency of your car. It would be interested to know that remapping of diesel variant offers much better results as compared to petrol variant. The rewritten ECU offers improved fuel efficiency, improved ignition timings and optimizes the overall performance of your vehicle.
- Enhances the Aesthetics of Your Car: The ECU remapping is not restricted only in determining the settings of engine but also refers to determining the settings of different components like exhaust system, braking system etc. Because to enjoy improved performance of engine it is mandatory that these components should also be compatible according to engine’s setting to offer better response.
Things to consider while remapping the ECU:
- Always prefer to buy the chip from the maker that offers substantial warranty on the software.
- Before installing the chip in ECU make sure that it is compatible to make of your car and its engine.
- It would be better to remap the car that is empowered with turbocharged engine in both petrol and diesel variants.
- Although remapping do not affects the insurance of your vehicle, but still it would be better to inform your insurance company about it, so that it might follow the instructions according to standards determined in your country.
- Before remapping, make sure that the other components of your car are also in good condition to response simultaneously to remapped settings.